Thirteenth Annual College Scholarship Award
Community Powered Federal Credit Union will once again grant three (3), one thousand dollar ($1000) scholarships to qualifying high school seniors.
We encourage all qualified students to apply for these scholarships. No applications will be distributed after Friday, May 31, 2013.
Applicants must be a high school senior, graduating in 2013 from a public, private, or parochial school.
- Applicants must fully complete the attached application.
- Applicants must submit either a typed or video essay based on a topic provided by the credit union.
- Applicants must meet the entrance requirements of a college of their choice and provide proof of their acceptance.
- Applicants must submit a signed letter of recommendation from a teacher, instructor, or guidance counselor.
- Applicants must have a parent or legal guardian who is a member of Community Powered Federal Credit Union account, in good standing.
- Applicants (students) must be the primary member of their own Community Powered Federal Credit Union account, in good standing.
- To be eligible for selection, all required items must be submitted as a package and be received by Community Powered Federal Credit Union no later than Friday, June 7, 2013.
All entries will be judged by an independent agency, whose decisions are final. We will announce scholarship winners in late July. Winners will be asked to submit a photograph for publication in our newsletter.
Community Powered Federal Credit Union can help parents finance educational expenses through products such as a Home Equity Line of Credit. Call our loan department for more information. Help your student manage their finances with a Community Powered FCU checking account, debit card, or Visa credit card.